Dr. Bachevalier received a Doctorate Degree in Psychophysiology from the
University of Paris in 1975 and a Ph. D. in Clinical Sciences from the
University of Montreal in 1981. She was a Visiting Scientist at the
National Institute of Mental Health in Bethesda (MD) until 1991 and then
took a position of Professor in Neurobiology and Anatomy at the University
of Texas-Houston. She joined the Emory faculty in Summer, 2004.
- Lab Members:
- Maria Alvarado, Ph.D., Assistant Research Professor
- Anne-Pierre Goursaud, Ph.D., Guest Researcher
- Rebecca Richardson, Lead Research Specialist
- Anthony Gazy, Research Assistant
- Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Andy Kazama, PhD
- Christa Payne, PhD
- Jessica Raper, PhD
- Graduate Students:
- Emily Johnson
- Alison Weiss
- Undergraduate Students:
- Jordan Johnston, Preparatory Research Experience (PREP) post-baccalaureate Program
- Clara Wynn
- Ava Tompkins
- Madison Klavans
- Former Postdoctoral Fellows and Students:
- Mario Beauregard, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow now an Associate Researcher in the Departments of Psychology and Radiology and the Neuroscience Research Center at the University of Montreal, Canada. Recent book: The Spiritual Brain: A neuroscientist’s case for the existence of the Soul (HarperCollins).
- Olivier Pascalis, Ph.D., postdoctoral Fellow now a CNRS Researcher in the “Laboratoire de Psychologie et Neurocognition” at the “Université Pierre Mendes France” (Grenoble, France).
- Maria Alvarado, Ph.D., postdoctoral Fellow now Assistant Research Professor at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta.
- Sarah Nemanic, Ph.D., graduate student now Doctor in Veterinary Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging Resident at the Michigan State University.
- Christopher Machado, Ph.D., graduate student now an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at University of California-Davis.
- Eugena Mitchell, Ph.D., graduate student now a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Psychology at the University of Minnesota.
- Alyson Zeamer, Ph.D., graduate student now a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Anatomy at Thomas Jefferson University-Philadelphia.
- Courtney-Glavis Bloom, Ph.D., graduate student now a Postdoctoral Fellow at SRI International, Mento Park, Ca.