Psi Chi (National Honor Society)
Membership in Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology, is open to students studying
psychology who meet the minimum qualifications. Emory’s chapter of Psi Chi is operated by
student officers and a faculty advisor. Eligible students are invited to membership during the fall
and spring semesters. Throughout the year, Psi Chi offers programs, speakers and workshops on topics
of interest to Psychology majors which are open to all interested students.
To meet the minimum qualifications for active student membership, students must:
- Be registered for major standing in psychology.
- Have a class rank in the uppermost 35% in general scholarship
- Achieve an average GPA of 3.20 or better in the Psychology major.
- Have completed a total of 5 psychology courses toward the major.
- Maintain high standards of personal behavior.
- Receive a 2/3 affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter.